That time of year is here again! Time to ring in the new year with the best "spiritual party" Toronto has ever seen. The ISKCON Toronto Blog presents your definitive guide to spending New Year's Eve and New Year's Day with the Hare Krishnas!
New Year's Eve - December 31, 2009:
- During the course of the day, the third annual Bhajan-Prasadam Festival will be taking place in the temple beginning at 12:00pm until 10:30pm.
- The program will consist of kirtan and bhajans throughout the day broken up by wonderful vegetarian prasadam (sanctified vegetarian feasts)!
- Come night time, dress yourself in layers, double socks and a warm winter coat (click here for latest weather forecast) as we all head out for the annual maha-harinama (outdoor ecstatic kirtan and chanting) at Toronto's biggest New Years Eve Party at City Hall.
- We will leave the temple at aproximately 10:30pm and return around 2:30am.
- Using the Map Below: Our route will begin from the temple (A). We will all walk to the Rosedale Subway Station (B) and then take the subway down to Queen Station (C). We will then proceed on foot to Old City Hall (D) where will conduct our harinama (outdoor ecstatic chanting). After midnight, we will then walk towards Yonge-Dundas Square (E) and then take the subway back to the temple from Dundas station (F)!