One of the Toronto Hare Krishna Temple’s biggest festivals of the year, Gaura Purnima, falls on Tuesday, March 22, 2016. Celebrations will start early in the morning and continue into the evening where expect a huge turnout of devotees!
Gaura Purnima marks the divine appearance of Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, who is non-different than Lord Krishna. He appeared in Navadwipa (modern day West Bengal) in 1486. Lord Chaitanya was born on full moon and blessed everyone with the moonlike rays of his teachings. He launched the movement of chanting the Holy Names of Krishna and taught how we can gain enlightenment in this age by chanting the Hare Krishna maha-mantra.
It will be a special day of celebrations and for more details about this sweet festival, including a schedule of events, keep an eye on our website. There are also many sponsorship opportunities still available for the festival: garlands, flowers, aratis and the festival feast.
Official Festival Schedule
- 6:00pm to 6:30pm - Kirtan (Arati)
- 6:30pm to 6:40pm - Welcome & Announcements
- 6:40pm to 7:00pm - Class & Presentation
- 7:00pm to 7:15pm - "The Jarikanda Experience"
- 7:15pm to 8:00pm - Abhiseka (bathing ceremony)
- 8:00pm to 8:30pm - Kirtan (Arati)
- 8:30pm - Vegetarian Feast (Prasadam)
For sponsorship opportunities, feel free to contact us.