You are a Krishna conscious devotee, loyal to Srila Prabhupada. You love children, and have experience working with them. You understand and can articulate the importance of children in ISKCON, based on Srila Prabhupada’s teachings. You also understand the importance of a Krishna conscious education and atmosphere for children as they grow up.
You’re comfortable with ambiguity, and you’re excited about seeing a grassroots project such as this grow. For you, as a teacher, it’s your dream to work alongside devotees, and help raise little vaisnavas and vaisnavis as their respected, loving, and kind teacher.
You have proven organizational skills and multitasking ability. You are professional, creative, and eager to learn. You have strong English language skills, both verbal and written.
It’s a bonus if you have a MACTE or an AMI certificate, and current first aid / CPR training.
You also have a minimum of one year’s experience teaching in a preschool environment.
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement a developmentally appropriate preschool program for young children
- Implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual, social, and spiritual needs of the children
- Facilitate nutritious snacks and lunches (no cooking required; just supervision and clean up)
- Ensure equipment and the facility are clean, well maintained, and safe at all times
- Develop culturally and academically appropriate programs and activities
- Be familiar with emergency procedures
- Provide experiences and activities for children including songs, games, and storytelling
- Develop daily activity plans
- Supervise children in the preschool
- Ensure the children are supervised at all times
- Establish routines and provide positive guidance
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable
- Implement positive discipline when required. Adhere to the school’s policy on discipline.
- Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand
- Observe children and make note of progress
- Integrate special needs children in a positive and respectful manner.
- Communicate with parents and members of the community
- Discuss children’s development with parents
- Discuss identified problems and needs with professionals as appropriate
- Complete progress reports for each child as appropriate
- Keep parents informed of program expectations and their child’s progress
- Develop and maintain current, accurate and confidential client files
Please forward your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your answer to "Why do you want to teach at a Krishna conscious preschool?"
Salary expectations will be discussed at the interview phase. We thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you, Hare Krishna!